Really awesome, unique game!
City of the Shroud
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
City of the Shroud is a tactical RPG with a twist - battles take place in a real-time, combo-based combat system where you unleash special moves, build powerful combos, and outmaneuver your opponent.
Get ready to join the live, player-driven story as it unfolds in a sprawling world, where bitter rivalries battle for control of a city descending into civil war. As you play, your choices, and the choices of every player, will create a living world of shifting alliances as you race to uncover the truth before it's too late.
Test out the gameplay prototype on itch.io, and pre-order on BackerKit to get a Steam key with access to development builds!
- Real-time, combo-based battle system: think on your feet and chain together your attacks to defeat your opponents
- The story is a living episodic campaign: every player's actions impact how the story unfolds for the entire community.
- 4 episodes: each episode is crafted based on the cumulative influence of every player's choices and actions from the previous episodes.
- Written by multiple chart-topping independent author Moira Katson, author of The Light & Shadow Trilogy as well as other stories and novels
- Online VS Mode
- Deep combo and stat system lets you customize your team to suit your playstyle
- Mod support: customize the appearance of your units in battle
- A distinctive world, beautifully realized in 2D and 3D
City of the Shroud™ was Kickstarted in 9 days! Thank you everyone for your support!
Sign up for our newsletter at www.abyssalarts.com to get the latest updates!
|Published||2 years ago|
|Tags||Action RPG, Character Customization, Fighting, Multiplayer, Multiple Endings, Real-Time, Singleplayer, Story Rich, Tactical RPG|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Interactive tutorial|
|Multiplayer||Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
Download the ZIP archive, unzip it to your preferred directory, and play away!
Direct Links to the Download: