Really awesome, unique game!
City of the Shroud
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
City of the Shroud is a tactical RPG with a twist - battles take place in a real-time, combo-based combat system where you unleash special moves, build powerful combos, and outmaneuver your opponent.
Get ready to join the live, player-driven story as it unfolds in a sprawling world, where bitter rivalries battle for control of a city descending into civil war. As you play, your choices, and the choices of every player, will create a living world of shifting alliances as you race to uncover the truth before it's too late.
Test out the gameplay prototype on itch.io, and pre-order on BackerKit to get a Steam key with access to development builds!
- Real-time, combo-based battle system: think on your feet and chain together your attacks to defeat your opponents
- The story is a living episodic campaign: every player's actions impact how the story unfolds for the entire community.
- 4 episodes: each episode is crafted based on the cumulative influence of every player's choices and actions from the previous episodes.
- Written by multiple chart-topping independent author Moira Katson, author of The Light & Shadow Trilogy as well as other stories and novels
- Online VS Mode
- Deep combo and stat system lets you customize your team to suit your playstyle
- Mod support: customize the appearance of your units in battle
- A distinctive world, beautifully realized in 2D and 3D
City of the Shroud™ was Kickstarted in 9 days! Thank you everyone for your support!
Sign up for our newsletter at www.abyssalarts.com to get the latest updates!
Please check out our website and forums, like us on Facebook, and get a hold of us on Twitter! Let us know what you think!
|Published||1 year ago|
|Tags||Action RPG, Character Customization, Fighting, Multiplayer, Multiple Endings, Real-Time, Singleplayer, Story Rich, Tactical RPG|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Interactive tutorial|
|Multiplayer||Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
Download the ZIP archive, unzip it to your preferred directory, and play away!